Thursday, May 6, 2010

The many colors of Aloe Yucca

Yucca aloifolia or Aloe Yucca at Farmington Gardens. One plant, so many different colors!Green, brown/red, yellow, purple, and nobody could explain exactly why they were all so different. Or if they would stay that way.
I would guess it had something to do with the temperatures they endured through the winter months. But…same nursery, same plant, wouldn’t you think they would have faced the same temperatures?

I wanted to buy them all and further the experiment. But I could only rationalize just one; I chose this one, and will be watching to see what happens.
And yes that is another Yucca behind it, on the right. A Yucca 'bright star' from the HPSO Sale last month. I think someday I am going to design an all Yucca garden!

6 comments:

  1. What restraint. I'm amazed you talked yourself out of more than one of these colorful characters. I guess 8-10 feet is the reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one beautiful plant! The blooms as seen in the picture here is pretty also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the "Bright Star"! Beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a variety of colours to choose from. Good choice, it's a beautiful plant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MulchMaid, you want to hear the worse part? I didn't even read that part of the sign until I was doing this post. Duh.

    Stephanie, I love yucca blooms...they smell good too!

    Sylvana, yep...it's a winner!

    Laura, I agree! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you sure know how to pick 'em! Thanks to you, I now have TWO new Yuccas. Granted they're just babies but damn, if I didn't have enough plants already....

    Your two new Yuccas are standouts! Like I said, you know how to pick 'em! It's definitely the year of the Yucca!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. The amount of spam that get's through is incredible, so comment moderation is on. I'll try to approve and post your comment as soon as possible!