Monday, October 25, 2010

Arborvitae Saguaro

This probably isn’t the first time you’ve seen a picture of an Arborvitae Saguaro and it probably won’t be the last. But it was the first time I’d seen one “in real life,” and it was pretty amusing. So just in case, I had to share. I think the shadows are my favorite part.
I apologize for the poor angle of the shots. This was a very busy highway (both traffic wise and visually) and it was nearly impossible to isolate my intended subjects.
Is case you’re curious this manicured collection was in front of a do-it-yourself carwash.

7 comments:

  1. Haw!

    The owners seem to be into arborvitae in a number of ways. Thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat to see, but ugh. Doesn't do it for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's hilarious! Topiary cacti: hot new trend at car washes everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Would be prefect in northern climates to go along with Yuccas & Hardy Opuntias.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one in front seems to be taking it like a man, but the one in back is complaining a bit. Really? You have seen this before? Is that why it failed to make it onto the WWTT?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane, always happy to share a laugh.

    RFG, in a sick strange way I kind of like it (don't tell anyone).

    Megan, you just wait! It's sweeping the nation.

    Andrew, exactly!

    ricki, I have! I think the first time may have been on Megan's Nestmaker blog, I think her photo may have been in front of a Taco Time? Or maybe that was another. Yep...I've seen it on a few blogs and that is probably why I didn't WWTT it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty impressive, especially the shadow, like you said. I'm not a big fan of topiary, but arborvitae pretty much ask for it in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. Comment moderation is on (because you know: spam), I will approve and post your comment as soon as possible!